XXVII

XXVII

Friday, December 6, 2013

Upside Down

When will the circle come around?
The world upside down.. 
It doesn't appear that snowflakes are falling 
But if you look really closely 
Into the headlights
You'll want to glide right into them... 

The sky is pale 
On nights along the sea...
Following my vision
Into the ashen paintings...
The hurt is strong 
The mind unstable... 
The heart crushed among 
What's left of the autumn leaves...
Don't tell me it's morning
Don't return to London. 
Once the fog takes me away... 

It so strange...

Being alone in a room that is full. 
All these people with places to go
All these places with people...
And I spend my time alone... 
(No one really knows...)
What will it take for them to learn 
That I can't fight this without dying first. 

It's so maddening... 

By the time I last walked my neighborhood streets... 
It was early... with the sun blinding rays...
I never imagined that love would push so far
Sink so deep... 
That there would be no one else to talk to
Even just casually... the act of love would be dangerous. 

But it's everything I feel... 

The rarity of life...
The human heart of an artist 
That can make no sacrifice
Chooses his will...  

When will the circle come around?
The world upside down.. 
It doesn't appear that snowflakes are falling...

But they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment